Good morning, my friends and family,
This morning started at 6:00 and I can tell that my counts are off today. Each day I will post my counts on the blog so you can keep up with them along with me. They help me understand why I feel bad some days and when to expect a blood transfusion. I want my WBC (white blood cells) to get as close to zero as possible by the beginning of next week. They are the cells that are "bad" and are destorying my good cells. The chemo is ganging up on them as we speak. As they drop, cheer with me. The doctors wants my bone marrow to be a "ghost town" by the beginning of next week, meaning all white cells gone! When ever my hemoglobin (Hbg) drops below 8, I feel very weak and need a blood transfuse. A good count is between 12-16. Whenever my platelets (plt), which keep me from bruising and bleeding too much, drop below 150k, they will considering giving me a platelet transfusion. So as you can see, I'm not feeling well today because my Hbg is 7.7 and my platelets are only 71k. So I'm anxious to get some new blood in me - any volunteers!
I wish I could write more. My heart is so comforted by your love and prayers. My Aunt Sally sent me this verse and it has been on my white board ever since: Joshua 1:9 Don't ever be afraid or discouraged! am the Lord your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go.
Love,
Rhonda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello Awesome Woman, Ive been reading your blog daily and Im amazed at your courage and strength. We are all praying for you and love you so much. You are a wonderful image of Gods love. Keep your faith.... Hope to see you soon, and hey, you can have as much of my blood as you need, tell me where to drop it off. Christie Baity
Rhonda,
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well today. Thanks for the translation of your medical chart. That is really helpful for me to understand what is going on in your body and why you feel as you do from day to day.
I've often told you how brave you are. You usually don't see it in yourself but it is visible to me. It's not an act you put on but just who you are.
We both know it is really God who is doing this work in you. You are a strong, honest, vulnerable, real vessel that He inhabits and makes us see His character when we look at you.
I think of you so much of the time and all the Turners pray for you every day. We love you and will be with you through this.
May you continue to find refreshment in God's word.
Love, Lisa
Good Morning Sunshine! It is me Scott and I just wanted to say... I love you and I am so sorry you are going through this, but I know God is bigger than leukimia! "But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High. I will remember the works of the Lord, Surely I will remember Your wonder's of old. I will also meditate on all Your work and talk of your deeds. Your way O God is in the sanctuary, Who is so great a God as our God? You are the God who does wonders. You have declared Your strength among the people's. You have with Your arm redeemed Your people the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah. Psa. 77:10-15
May you find rest and healing today in the secret place of His presence. (Psa 91) He loves you and you ARE His courageous one... Keep walking sister, He has your back!
I look forward to seeing your beautiful face soon (cause I have missed you at Starbucks!) love, love, love... Scott
Post a Comment