Photo by Vera Ramsey
I have several good things to report to you today! Dr. Grote was in this morning and said that yesterday's chest extra came back clear. The antibiotics have cleared up the pneumonia or fungus, which ever was growing down in my lungs. Second, I have been fever free for two days now! So needless to say, I feel a bit stronger even though I'm still into napping. Thank you for praying for these things.
You have done a great job in holding off on visiting. I appreciate this, it has given me time to just sleep and rest. Since I'm starting to feel better, I though I would try to see visitors again. I still tire very easily so if you would like to visit, please call me first. I do best with short visits, about 30 minutes or less. Please make sure that you have not been around anyone sick as my counts are still low!
I am finding it necessary to change my thinking, especially on days that I feel well. I want to plan my days by what I can get done: write thank you notes, reading several chapters in No Partiality, researching more about reading comprehension on the web, check email and update blog, etc. But as a friend reminded me, Instead I am to mark my days by how well I care for my body: I walked to the garden twice today, I got two hours of sunshine, I took a two-hour nap, I ate at least half of my meals, I took my antibiotics. I have to be more okay with just being and enjoying those around me than in doing. The doing is extra while the walks and naps are necessary.
My white blood cell counts are still at 0.6 and Dr. Grote indicated that I probably will not be able to go home until they get up to 1.5. So keep praying with me both for the ability to rest in God and enjoy each day as well as for my WBC to increase.
Love,
Rhonda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rhonda,
How great to hear that the fever and pneumonia are gone. You've made it through another challenge. I hope you can get rested and restore your energy. Doing what you can to care for your body is your job right now. I remember how Jeff would tell me that my job during pregnancy was to take care of my body and, thus, the little one inside me. That was so freeing to me when I felt tired and worn out. Enjoy your walks (and coffee?) and sitting in the garden.
You are very much in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, Lisa
Post a Comment