Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday, Aug. 2


I really must brag. My room is the pretties on the floor - all the nurses say so! There are reminders all around me of friends and family and your prayers. Thank you for your cards, verses and especially the pictures. I have a wonderful picture of two friends painting together in their "Art Studio" from Corrie. It's awesome! I also have an exciting picture of a thunderstorm from Gracie, a cool looking cut out of a little man from Sarah, a huge drawing of some magnificent mountains from my nephew, Richard, a most delicate crystal tree, a statue of a woman dancing with ribbons and one praying. They all bring me joy. You have helped to make a boring hospital room spill over with beauty, love and glimpses of worship. Thank you!

I felt better today. Naps are becoming a necessity rather than a privilege. I know several of you stopped by while I was napping and I am sorry that I missed you. I will finish my fifth chemo treatment today, only two more to go! On Tuesday or Wednesday of next week they will do another bone marrow aspiration to see if my white cells are zapped. Pray for a "ghost town."

Love,
Rhonda
P.S. Picture sent from Vera Ramsey - Is that a picture of worship or what?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey rhonda
i am trying this again - have had trouble getting a message to you on your blog. Had a missionary speaker today from Italy and he was very good. Did you get to have a sermon on TV? we went to a new eatery called "Menchies" and it was very good. How's the hospital food? Are you haveing trouble with nausia? Are you loosing weight? Dad is loosing a little weight but needs to loose a lot more. We love you and are praying for you several times a day. Cross your fingers that this goes through. XXXXXOOOO mom and dad

Anonymous said...

hey rhonda,
im giving this a try once again to see if it go on your blog to you.
at church today everyone asked about you. Debbie Anderson said Dana is having probably about the same treatment that you are. He is at Aultman Hospital and is having Chemo for 21 days then will get a break then another 21 days. I think that is right (I was evesdropping) We had a missionary speaker today from Italy and he was very good. Bible school starts tomorrow so they are decorating the churdh today, but I decided to let the younger ones do it this year. tried a new eating place today "Menchies" and it was very good. Hows the hospital food? Are you able to eat or are you nausious? Loosing weight? Your Dad has lost a little b ut has a long way to go. Love you and pray for you every day, many times a day. XXXOOOO MOM

Sue Cheese said...

I am prayimg for you constantly. I am grateful you have so many friends to be near and comfort you. "Those who know Your Name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You." Nick is praying for you and says he knows you will get better because God tole him so. We will be coming Sept 3rd - 6th, God willing. Hope your strength is up and you are feeling better. Love you lots, your sister Sue