Today my sister, Tracy, and her husband, Bill, arrived from Florida in time to take me to my doctor's appointment. It was encouraging to see my counts come up. My platelets are back to normal, 188 (150-400 normal), and my hemoglobin is almost normal, 10.6 (12-15 normal). The white blood cells are still taking their time. They are up to 1.4 (4-10 normal). Dr. Grote was hoping that my neutrophils would be at 500 but they are only at 392 so he asked me to come back on Tuesday for another blood count check. I am still very susceptible to infection and need to stay at home as much as possible. Who was it that said patience is a virtue?
I am thrilled to have my sister and brother-in-law with me for the weekend. Tracy and I are the two middle children out of four, I being the third child. I see them only about once a year, so this is a real treat to have them with me. I wish I had a picture to put on the blog of us. I'll work on that.
I have several appointments next week. Tuesday - blood work. Wednesday - chest exray to make sure all is still clear. Friday - bone marrow aspiration (big day!). I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again for your ongoing prayers. I feel God is answering many of them. I am resting well and am enjoying home. The isolation is not making me crazy ---yet. Well, I really have only been home two full days and now my family is with me. The quiet days are nicely surrounded by visits from my family.
Enough for now. I am grateful for your love and prayers.
Rhonda
4 comments:
Rhonda,
It's so good to hear that your body is beginning to ramp back up. We pray that those WBC's are taking their time because they are being extra sure to come out perfectly!
We love you and think of you many, many times throughout each day.
By His great mercy,
Stephanie, for all the Goughs
Hey Rhonda,
When things get crazy someone always comes out of the woodwork. HA!
Contact me offline if you can
dwoodruff@skyjack.com
Dan
WooooHoooo
Love those numbers! (Can't you hear the electric guitars? ) I'm so excited and I just can't hide it--I'm about to loose control and I think I like it!!!! yeah,yeah
We'll celebrate and we'll keep praying.
Love you!
Wendy
Rhonda,
Hi. Bet Wilson gave me the address on your blog and I thought you might like to hear from a fellow AML'er.
I did my chemo and hospitalizations during 2007 and last Monday I had my port-a-cath removed! Things get better, but it takes time.
I am praying for you!
-ashley cyre
Post a Comment