Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dancing up the Mountain

Emma and Camille Gough celebrating God's answer to our prayers by making my bone marrow a ghost town. Thank you, Emma and Camille, for dancing for me. You give a perfect expression of the joy that is in my heart!

God has answered many of our prayers. My rash is slowly fading and the aggrevating itchiness is gone. Also my fever broke yesterday and I did not wake up with one this morning. The nurses are very pleased with that. I received another blood transfusion yesterday since my hemoglobin fell below 8 so my energy level is up. I hardly feel sick today. I miss worshiping with many of you but enjoy the encouragement you send through your cards and verses.

We are praying now for my WBC count to start rising. The goal is for them to reach between 4.0 -10.0. Right now they are at 0.6. Please pray specifically that the new white blood cells are healthy, normal cells. They will check them by doing another bone marrow apsiration in about 10 days. Another prayer request is a bit more vain. I should start loosing my hair this week. It may not sound like a big deal but I will need to believe even more deeply that my beauty comes from God and not from my outward appearance. Hair seems like a minor part of all this but for women it is something that invites us to feel beautiful.
I am with you in spirit as many of you gather to worship our Savior and King today.

Love,
Rhonda

3 comments:

Ger said...

Rhonda, I am Glad that you can see Gods Face Shine on you. I will be praying for you this week. you do know that Bald women are Beautiful, hair or no hair you are Beautiful. I will be seeing Mick and Megan this week, I will give them a hug for you.

Love ya.

Ger.

Unknown said...

You ARE beautiful, Rhonda. Your deep, eternal beauty has been beaming through your suffering of these past couple weeks.

Dorothy recently got her hair cut and wants to give her ponytail to Locks of Love. She asked me to take it to you and show it to you so that you can have it if you want it. She has been praying for your beautiful hair to grow back after the treatments are finished.

We will pray for healthy white blood cells to fill you up.


Love, Lisa

Angie said...

You remember Sinead Oconnor? She was bald for a long time and I loved her. She was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen, until she grew her hair BACK! She looked so gorgeous. I loved the shape of her head, I thought she actually looked quite feminine! You will be the most beautiful bald woman alive. And then all your healthy cells are going to make your gorgeous hair grow back. My mother's hair grew back so thick and lustrous after her chemo and a lot of it grew back to a light brown instead of her typical grey. She said, aside from kicking cancer's booty, it was the best part of the experience!