Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Great Day follows the worst

Well, for a day that began with a bone marrow aspiration; it's ironic that today seems to be her best so far. After "putting on her face", her doctor gave his permission for her to go off the floor. We strolled down to the restaurant ( no more called the cafeteria ) on the main floor and each enjoyed a strawberry and raspberry smoothie! We visited the jewelry sale in the lobby and the gift shop and returned to the room after about 30 minutes. Quite the outing I must say. She wore her mask obediently and walked the whole way. When she returned she still had energy to talk to the nurses, open mail and check e-mail. Thanks to all for your prayers and encouragement. They have brought tears and much laughter. ( She's laughing even now as I type at an e-mail from Phyl.)
Music is playing in the background, the lunches are being delivered and we are thankful.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you had a nice "outing" this morning! I was watering my flowers on my front porch this morning and praying for you. In my prayer, I compared you to a glorious flower and thanked God that your beauty and sweet fragrance are demonstrating God's majesty and drawing more and more people to you. I also prayed for relief from your fever and rash and that God's soothing and healing hand would be upon you. So, I was so happy to read that you are feeling better today. I didn't pray for a smoothie, so I guess He threw that in for good measure! :~)
Love you,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Dearest Rhonda,

I just heard of your struggle last night. . . I worked with you at FCDS, and treasure the words of wisdom you shared with me when we went to the Ed Hallowel conference two years ago. Prayers will be going up from the Mitchell household for your health and well-being, spirit, soul, and body. Deepest Blessing from Papa to you, today and every day! D-