Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday, July 30

It is about 10:30 pm and I am getting ready to receive my third chemo treatment. It has been a wonderful day. I have not felt this good in months. I keep joking with the nurses that all it took was two doses of chemo to cure me. Unfortunately this is not true, but they did give me two units of blood today since my hemoglobin (found in red blood cells) dropped below 7 (norm is 12-16). Hemoglobin carries oxygen to the body and brain to give it energy. The units of blood not only brought color back to my face but gave me a fresh dose of energy. I enjoyed visiting with several people, especially my sister, Mary Alice, from Columbus, OH. Some of you might remember praying for her when her son when leukemia in fourth grade. His last year of high school he played football and graduated this May. He is hoping to attend Ohio State. He is quite the hunk if I may brag.
Mary Alice will be staying with me until Sunday. Even though she is here, please feel free to visit. I have learned that I do best with short visits - 10 to 20 minutes so that I can reserve my energy. Come and meet Mr. McCranky, a mean old man who hangs from my IV pole (complimentary gift from Robyn Redding). Thanks girl, I'm sure it will come in handy on those bad days.
My spirits are good and I am extremely grateful for all your prayers, gifts and cards. I have never experienced this kind of community before. Of course, I have never had to submit myself to this type of neediness.
I wish I could write more, but I am beginning to fade quickly and will need to wait until tomorrow to share more with you.
Love,
Rhonda





3 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm so glad that they gave you some RBCs. You are a force to be reckoned with now! You might even decide to jog around the floor today.
Have a great time with Mary Alice. I'll see you soon! We love you loads.

Paul and Janet Horton said...

Rhonda,
Paul and I are praying for complete healing for you. Also, for the chemo to go smoothly with little or no side effects . We love you

Stephanie said...

Rhonda,
Just wanted to say we are praying for you and wishing we could be there. I (Stephanie) will see you sometime the week of August 10th.
Lots of love,
Gaius, Stephanie, Emma and Camille