Never one to miss an occasion, Rhonda has been organizing birthday dinner celebrations for some of her closest friends. 3 of us have had birthdays within the last month. Last night she and I celebrated mine. She asked for permission to enjoy some good red wine and paired it with an amazing dinner of pasta, shrimp and wilted spinach. An evening filled with conversation about life, friends, plans and Our Hope. What an amazing time. She had a small beautiful table cloth, real wine glasses, cutlery and plates. ( It's hard to really honor a meal with plastic cutlery and styrofoam. ) There is so much life that is in and flows from that room. There is no place for death there, even with the nurses coming in to check and change out medications with such regularity. This disease is not the powerful one, Our Father is the One who empowers and gives us each day.
- Would you pray that her time with Him will be deep and uninterrupted? Between the medications interrupting her thinking and the necessary medical attention she receives, time that is full and rich with Him is something she so longs for.
- Pray for physical healing. He can do this. It is an opportunity to ask ourselves do we believe this and will we pray for it passionately. We know He will not withhold any good thing in Christ from those He loves, what we don't know is what the best thing is.
- Pray for the many conversations, short and long, by phone- in person- or over the internet that she has during the weeks that pass; that she will be salt and light.
1 comment:
Rhonda,
Pam just shared your blog address with me. You have been on my mind constantly. Now I will be able to follow your updates and pray with more understanding.
I have so many wonderful memories of our time as roommates. Do you remember the Spring we hiked at Mount Rogers and all the Mountain Laural was blooming. It was like hiking through a pink and white cloud.
You know rooming with you prepared me specifically for my (wonderful) marriage. From you I learned how to live with someone who was NOT a morning person. (HA) Hank is just like you in the mornings. I have to make myself not talk so he can wake up in peace.
I love you girl. You are in my prayers daily.
Kathryn Wallace
PS I sent you a Christmas card with my girl's pictures in it.
Post a Comment