Friday, December 5, 2008

Her spirits are good

Yesterday Rhonda looked so well. You'd never know that so much was laying siege on her body. This morning she is having a bone marrow aspiration to see what's going on in there, the doctors and labs are continuing to work to identify an infection they have found in her lungs and a third "opportunity", as a friend calls it, is that it looks like she might have the stomach bug that is going around. Like I said, I'm amazed at how joyful she was in the midst of it all. Once again fruit of the Spirit's work. Her body is weak, but she did begin drawing. Perhaps we can coax her to let us post a peek at her latest project.
Pray for her to be renewed again today, for her faith to be strong, that the Spirit will continue to make her more like Christ. Pray for healing in her body! For her bone marrow to generate healthy cells, for the infections to be taken away.
Her Dad, Wayne, arrives today. Her Mom, Nancy, is so eager to see him as they have not been together in quite some time. She has loved Rhonda so well, being at the hospital every day when she herself was healthy enough to hang out and play games. What an example of sacrifice and Christ's love. Pray for safe travel and for their time as a family to be rich. He was recently in a car accident, so I know first hand that it can be difficult driving for a while after that experience.
Thanks again for your prayers and encouragement. Thanks to her aunt and uncle for the laptop, she loves it!
Keep in touch;)

2 comments:

stilldancing4u said...

HI! Thanks for the update! Rhonda...thanks for the verses! I am praying...all my love...
shawn

Can blogs come straight to your email????

Louise Cain said...

Katie and I spent Tuesday afternoon, planting pansies in your front yard. I remember how ENCHANTING your yard looked, earlier this Summer-- just after you'd planted what you THOUGHT were perennials. (I smile, because THAT is something that I would do!) Please KNOW that you AND your ENTIRE support network REMAIN in our thoughts AND prayers!
We LOVE you, gal!
- Louise & Katie Cain