Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heard from Duke!

Good morning,

First, let me say that I am leaving the hospital today to go home for the weekend. My sister Sue and niece are here to visit and I can't wait to enjoy them!

Second, I heard from Duke Medical Hospital late yesterday. I have an appointment Monday morning at 10:30 in which I will have several tests done to make sure I am approved physically ifor the program. If I am, I will be admitted into the hospital to begin the clinical study. I will be given a new chemo treatment nonstop for five days. Then I will remain in the hospital an additional three weeks before an bone marrow aspiration and biopsy will be done to see if I am in remission. If not, they will repreat the chemo treatment one more time. If I am, then I will progress to the next step: the bone marrow transplant.

This is a very exciting time. God has been so faithful in preparing me for this next step and I am grateful. Once again, I feel that He has given me the willingness to step forward into His plan for me. I think of Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I know he is increasing my hope and I know even though I sometimes hurt physically, God is not harming me. I don't know if I will prosper physically or just spiritually or perhaps both, but I know I will prosper from this experience at least spiritually and well as many of you.

Please pray for my body to respond well to the chemo treatment and for me to be in remission by January 16ish.

I will miss being physcially close to you. You have encourage me over and over. It will probably be months before I will be back in Winston, but I will wait with anticipation to see you again and to hug you. Thank you again for all you have and continue to do for me and my family. Your love is a testimony to many.

With love,
Rhonda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda....just a quick note to let you know your family is welcome to stay at our house ANY TIME. They can come and go as they please. We have 2 extra rooms wanting visitors and couches if needed.

It is approx 40 min drive and all highway.

God Bless-
Susan Myers