Dear Friends and Family,
No news from Duke today. : - {
Hopefully they will call tomorrow to let me know that a bed is available.
I just want to let you all know that God has been faithful in helping me process this next step and to renew my hope. People have come and prayed over me. God has used many of your letters and cards to remind me of truth and the power of praise. Yesterday, Steve Angle, Steve Beck and a group from Southside came to worship and pray with me. Steve Angle served communion, which I have not been able to participate in months. It was so encouraging and restorative.
I know this next round is going to harder than the other rounds of chemo. I know the risk is high and the battle will be tiring. But here are some words that a friend wrote to me from Isaiah 43:1-4, 46:3-4, 41:10,13 that remind me that I don't have to be the strong one in this journey; God is. She inserted my name for emphasis.
But now, this is what the Lord says--he who created you, Rhonda, he who formed you: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are min. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze, for I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One, your Savior. Listen to me, Rhonda, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you.
I have clung to these different verses in Isaiah off and on ever since high school. They have carried me through difficult times before. I love how my friend put them together to remind me that God truly is the strong one who will be with me and will help me every step of the way.
I will keep you posted on Duke.
Love,
Rhonda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment