Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's Been A Great Holiday

I wish I had pictures to show you but we are still figuring out how to use the computer my dear Aunt Carol and Uncle Ray sent me. I have had such a wonderful Christmas with my family. I can't imagine not having them here during this time now that they are here. My sister, Mary Alice and her husband and son, my wonderful nephew, Richard are here along with my sister and donor, Tracy, and of course my parents. We are enjoying one another and having such sweet conversations. I am so grateful for the sacrifice they were willing to take to come and spend this time with me.

Dawn Conklin, a friend from Redeemer, called a friend in Durham who was traveling for the holidays and she has allowed my family to stay at her house free. It has been great for them! Thank you Dawn! Thank you Dawn's friend, Kristie.

I am still doing well with the treatments. This is my last day of treatments- one bag this morning and another at 10:30 tonight. I'm starting to feel some nausea but nothing overwhelming. My white blood cell counts have dropped to .2 which is good and they are keeping my hemoglobin and platelets up through transfusions. I'll know in about three weeks if I am in remission!!!

I hope you are enjoying your holiday. I love you all.
Rhonda

2 comments:

Anne Donovan Clark said...

I enjoyed the video! Thanks for the update! I am soooo glad a lot of your family has been with you for Christmas! LL...shawn

Spot o'Cheese said...

Small, small world. Many thanks to Dawn and Kristie -- much love from former Ashe-villians. :)