Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Guess where we are?


Before the shock had really worn off we were giddy trying to find a place and make a plan. Within 12 hours very generous friends had loaned us their home and made arrangements for us to pick up the key. Another friend showed up with items that she knew we would need. A great pop tent for the beach," the wind will be whipping around and this will keep Rhonda from getting burned;" a shovel for weighting it down with sand. ( It has special pockets ) A chick flick and lots of other helpful thoughts. Thanks to all of these friends and to those who dropped by some mad money! We hit the road last night and arrived around 10 or so, then sat on the porch til around midnight with red wine in hand.
This morning we were up around 7 and I hit the road to the grocery for a few items to fill out our needs. Coffee without 1/2 & 1/2 was bravely nursed by Amy and Rhonda, along with some fresh peaches until I returned.
Rhonda got in two good naps and then we prepared to go to the beach. Amy was our scout, she found the most flat and closest path. None of Rhonda's energy will be wasted on our watch:)
Rhonda is taking a break now and doing a little more continuing ed on the next phase of her treatment, we'll blow the whistle in a few minutes and get ready for wining and dining.
Thanks for all of your prayers and your encouragement. He is doing a great work! He is the One Who provided her desire for and this trip, He gave her energy for racing the waves today, walking on the beach and now rocking and giggling. He is amazing and so is she.

2 comments:

Spot o'Cheese said...

I know not why God's wondrous grace
to me has been made known;
nor why -- unworthy as I am --
He claimed me for His own

I know not what of good or ill
may be reserved for me --
of weary ways or golden days
before His face I see

But I know whom I have believed
and am persuaded that He is able
to keep that which I've committed
until Him against that day


Rhonda,
Thought of this old hymn after worshipping and praying with you on Sunday. I know not what each day of this journey will bring but am persuaded that we serve a Sovereign God that pours Hope into each day by the power of the Cross.

Calvin sends his messy kisses.

Welcome said...

Girl, look at you at the beach! i am so wishing i could be there too. i love your smile :)

loving you,
amanda