
Hi Friends, Wendy here.
As you know we spent a day in Durham on Thursday. The first half and a bit more with the staff at Duke Health Services and a couple of hours just having good girl time. Somehow the food couldn't have tasted better and the sky was a Carolina blue. This and so many others were an answer to prayer, that we would experience the presence of God in very tactile ways.
The staff were welcoming and warm. I must say many were taking fashion tips from Rhonda; from her reading glasses to her scarf and gorgeous outfit. One smiled and said' " I like that! You can be sick, but you don't have to look sick." She was going for diva status on Thursday I'm sure :) Handsome doctors watch out.
Ways He answered your prayers and ours. We traveled safely and were pampered by our good friends Ron and Chris over Wed night and Thurs early morning. The staff were/ are wonderful, patient, kind, quick to give others the spot light, truthful and gentle. Do you see once again His attributes in His image bearers?
The information was long and deep. I was so proud of Rhonda and amazed by her ability to take so much of it in and be present, even after 4 hours of intense conversations. Her body has been weak and usually in 20-30 minutes she is spent. Again His grace and mercy.
She is heading in to a new phase of treatment. We will be with her and most importantly He continues to hold us all. Monday she'll be back in to see Dr. Grote and likely Tuesday in to the hospital for her second round of treatment. This will lead her into a pre-transplant phase. Her sisters are submitting samples over the next few days to determine if they are a match. I know each are eager to love her in this way. If for some reason they are not, the doctors will immediately access the national ( and international) donor transplant list. Pray for her strength through the next round of chemo and pray for a bone marrow donor match. Of course pray for her, her heart, her mind, her faith, that we all would know Him, that Truth would be in our ears.
We'll continue to update you as we are able. Until then we are helping Rhonda make the most out of her weekend.
1 comment:
Rhonda,
Just to let you know that I am prayin for you, in your journey. And will be praying everyday, as I know the rest of your family as well as our church family. I will miss you and do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything. also let me know when you feel up to visitors
take care of yourself!!!!!!
Lisa
Post a Comment