Thursday, February 26, 2009

Deep Comfort

The last few days have left us all quite winded. Many tears shed, conversations had and places of waiting together for Him to hold and comfort. We mourn freely yet find ourselves not wanting to stay in that sad place. We have over and over felt strongly the sense of Him ordaining these days for us all. In speaking with Rhonda today she said that it is a great comfort, a great comfort to her that He is turning her heart from treatments and battles toward Home, the place she was meant to be.
She'll be released tomorrow to return home to Winston. The medical staff is working hard to see this transition come about quickly. Mary Alice and I will help her pack up and whether it's tomorrow morning or tomorrow night, she'll be back in her comfy home with Scruffy her cat soon.
Her sister Sue will arrive early next week, which will be once again a sweet reunion.
Continue to pray for healing especially in her mouth and throat. To be able to eat and swallow without pain and really taste her food, simple pleasures are what we long for on her behalf. Pray also that the infection in her body will be conquered.
Thank you again for all of your kind words, prayer, encouragement, physical care and financial support.
We know that meals for Rhonda and her family will be a big help. Please check the blog over the coming days for details on how to participate in providing those. We'll also post information about visiting.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing." Zep 3:17

Rhonda--I pray this verse for you in the quiet places of your heart, mind, and soul, that you are able to hear your Savior rejoicing over you...

In His love,
Abigail

Unknown said...

Rhonda,

Because of what you have shared, whenever I hear the word "grateful", I think of you.

I will always associate gratefulness with you.

Your consistent expressions of gratefulness to God have increased my understanding of what I can be grateful for as well.

I am grateful for you.

Love, Lisa