Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy M. L. King's Day. I know all the children out there are thrilled to be out of school today. The weathermen are predicting snow in Durham tonight and tomorrow morning, so all the children in this area are out doing the snow dance and lifting up prayers for a snow day. I hope the snow finds its way to Winston-Salem.

I had a wonderful weekend visiting with friends from PA, Cynthia and Alex VanderArk and with Jean Cockerham. On Saturday I got a pass to leave the hospital for a couple hours so we could visit a quaint little shop called Zola. It has lots of handmake items from local artist. On Sunday the four of us visited a church called Grey Stone and heard a sermon on God as the great healer; the healer of those who are physically, emotionally and spiritally weak and destitude. I was reminded that God will keep his promise to heal me either in time or in eternity. The promise is sure. The healing will come; when is what is unknown. It was a very encouraging sermon taken from Exodus 15:24-26 and James 5:13-16.

My WBC dropped to .2 over the weekend but rose to .3 again today. Please be praying that it reaches .5 (500) or more this week. I would love for the doctors to be willing to do a bone marrow aspiration / biopsy by the end of the week or the beginning of next week. I am so anxious to know if I am in remission.

I meditate on Romans 15:13 and pray it almost daily for myself and for my family and friends. "May the God of HOPE fill [us] with joy and peace as [we] trust in him so that [we] may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit."

With gratitude and great affection,
Rhonda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,

We have a SNOW DAY today! :-) I thought I would share this with you because I know it will make you smile to think of the kids all jumping out of bed this morning to play in the beautiful white stuff that is accumulating outside our doors!! :-) It's all so very exciting because we just don't see snow like this very much around here, do we? It is incredibly peaceful to watch it falling, as the morning breaks over the trees in our backyard. Coffee in hand, I just don't think there is anything more beautiful and I'm enjoying this moment from God! I will take pictures as soon as there is more light out there! :-)

Luv ya, Sarah Scott