All is this going well at Duke. Yesterday I had a Hickman put in my upper chest. It is something like a port, in fact, I'm not sure I could tell you how it is different. The benefits is that they can know draw blood from it instead of pricking me every time (hallelujah). So needless to day I out-of-it pretty much all day yesterday. Nothing like sleeping all day and then all night. Wow. It is nice to have my arms free of tubes.
I really am doing great these days. I can't express how nice it is to have my cognitive skills back, to want to sit up instead of lie down, and to want to read a book instead of being read to (although I believe I will always love being read to) .
I am very grateful for all these gifts.
Rhonda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so excited to read this entry! being in good spirits and well-rested does wonders for your health too, i bet. yea!
Thankful for all the victories! See you tomorrow.
So glad to hear you're feeling better, Rhonda. Wish I was there to read to you!!
Post a Comment