Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving Day My Friends and Family,

I spent the day with my mom in the hospital. The Gibbons were kind enough to rescue us from hospital food and brought us a Thanksgiving feast. So we too, eat until we could eat no more. We spent most of the day working a puzzle and listening to a story on tape. I am thankful that my mom is able to be with me.

I am doing well. My fever is gone and the sores in my esophagus have healed. Not all my taste buds have come back so food still taste a little off but at least I am able to eat and drink once again. Why am I'm still in the hospital? Well the doctors do not want to release me until my white blood cell are higher. Right not they are .5, which is the same as 500 and my immune system is still very low. We are all hoping that by the weekend my counts will take a turn and start climbing. This is the hardest time to be in the hospital. It takes more patience because I'm feeling better and ready to be home. I'm still not sure when the bone marrow transplant will take place. Hopefully by the first week in December, I will not if I am in remission. If so, we will move ahead with the transplant.

Believe it or not I was honored with a pedicure the other day by the most surprizing person.

He not only gives great feet massages and pedicures but makes a delicious homemade chicken noodle soap. Don't be fooled, Jennifer Carpenter, is well aquianted with Greg's cook skills, although I think she was a little surprised by the pedicure abilities. Thanks again, Greg!








A co-worker sent me this song and the Spirit used it to renew my hope and enable my eyes to see God's glory surrounding me, especially in the hospital. Thank you again and again my friends and family members for praying for me daily. I need it more than you know.
Deuterony 5:22
Behold, the Lord our God has shown us His glory and His greatness. And we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire. We have seen today that God speak wit us, and yet, astonishingly, we live.
Love,
Rhonda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful toes Rhonda! That's some impressive work Greg did, he needs to take a permanent spot at Aveda!

I'm so glad to hear you were able to enjoy some food yesterday! Thanks for sharing about your holiday!

I love you!
Betsey

betsyg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
betsyg said...

Hi Rhonda!

I'm so glad you had a "happy" Turkey Time! Thoughts go your way! Here's a song that I love and I think of you each time it's sung!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMqddilXO68&feature=related

Love,

Bet